The The Arts Council for Long Beach has created a COVID-19 Relief Fund for Long Beach Artists. The fund has currently raised $42,000 with contributions from the Arts Council for Long Beach, Edison International, Long Beach Community Foundation and the Uplift LB Fundraiser from the Long Beach Post.
The fund will provide a $1000 grant to Long Beach artists. This grant program is for individual artists across disciplines who are struggling to have their basic needs met (shelter, food, and medical) due to loss of artistic income from COVID-19. Artists who have alternate sources of income, a financial safety net, or are able to meet their most basic needs, we ask that you refrain from applying so that we may serve those who are most vulnerable.
Additionally, you must meet the following criteria to apply:
- Are a professional, working Long Beach based artists (age 18 and older);
- Individuals who devote a significant portion of their time to the creation of personal artwork.
- The professional artist is likely paid for performances, sells their artwork, or shares their independent body of work with the public on a regular basis.
- The term “artist” applies broadly across disciplines, including performing, visual, literary, film, fashion and multidisciplinary artists.
- Live in Long Beach
- Be a member of the Arts Council registry as of March 1, 2020
Funds have been exhausted! We are no longer excepting applications at this time. Applications opened Monday, May 18, 2020 and were received on a rolling basis until funds were exhausted. The application will be available below once the application re-opens. For grant guidelines and application requirements here. Note: due to the overwhelming response applications are now closed.
If you would like to contribute to the COVID-19 Artist Relief fund please visit https://artslb.org/donate/ and designate COVID-19 Find on the Donate page.
For technical assistance please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.