The Arts Council for Long Beach envisions a thriving Long Beach that benefits from universal participation in the arts.
Arts Council for Long Beach, also know as ACLB and ArtsLB, was founded by the City of Long Beach in 1976 as the Public Corporation for the Arts, cecoming a 501(c)(3) organization in 1982.
ACLB is a dynamic organization that receives and distributes public funds, and also raises funds through private donations, foundations, corporations, and contracts for services.
The Arts Council for Long Beach cultivates the physical, social, and economic characteristics of Long Beach neighborhoods by nurturing and enlivening the arts.
We serve individuals, groups, and organizations through advocacy, arts education, public art, and grant making within the City of Long Beach.
We practice profound inclusion as a collaborator and convener for the benefit of all communities.
ACLB strives to improve the quality of life for residents and visitors of the City of Long Beach through the cultivation of the arts by:
- Promoting artists living in Long Beach
- Uplifting communities to engage in arts and culture
- Building connections between artists and audiences
- Leading discussions about the role of arts in the community
- Implementing outstanding arts education programs
- Cultivating unique opportunities for art to be shown and appreciated
- Advocating for the arts sector in city, county, state and federal levels
- Rewarding excellence in the arts through our annual and monthly grant programs
- Transforming Long Beach through public art
Meet Our Staff
“As an arts community, we are at a very exciting place. We have built an amazing relationship with the city. We’re really at a place where we can begin to show the strength we have in the arts and in the creative economy we have here in Long Beach.” – Griselda Suárez
Director of Programs
Director of Projects
Sergio Alan Diaz
Lead Teaching Artist
Assistant Teaching Artist
2022-2023 Board of Directors
Greg Johnson (Board President)
Chad Michael Hall