Arts Council For Long Beach
The mission of the Arts Council for Long Beach (ACLB) is to foster creativity and culture, enliven communities and enable a thriving creative economy. Our vision is to help create a vibrant arts scene that makes Long Beach a premiere destination for residents, businesses, students and visitors.
ACLB was founded by the City of Long Beach in 1976 as the Public Corporation for the Arts, becoming a 501(c)(3) organization in 1982. ACLB is a dynamic organization that receives and distributes public funds, and also raises funds through private donations, foundations, corporations and contracts for services.
ACLB strives to improve the quality of life for residents and visitors of the City of Long Beach through the cultivation of the arts by:
- Promoting artists living in Long Beach
- Uplifting communities to engage in arts and culture
- Building connections between artists and audiences
- Leading discussions about the role of arts in the community
- Implementing outstanding arts education programs for students in the LBUSD
- Cultivating unique opportunities for art to be shown and appreciated
- Advocating for the arts sector in city, county, state and federal levels
- Rewarding excellence in the arts through our annual and monthly grant programs
- Transforming Long Beach through public art that showcases the city’s character
Meet Our Staff
562.435.ARTS (2787) ext. 107
“As an arts community, we are at a very exciting place. We have built an amazing relationship with the city. We’re really at a place where we can begin to show the strength we have in the arts and in the creative economy we have here in Long Beach.” – Griselda Suárez
Education and Community Programs Manager
562.435.ARTS (2787) ext: 101
2016-2017 Board of Directors
Tasha Hunter (President)
Brian Trimble (Secretary)
Public Meeting Dates
All Arts Council for Long Beach meetings are open to the public and are held in various locations around Long Beach to encourage broad and diverse attendance.
Our general Board of Directors meetings are typically scheduled on the first Monday of the month, and our Open Conversations meetings are typically scheduled on the fourth Thursday of the month. Check our calendar for upcoming public meeting dates.
The Arts Council does not currently have any employment opportunities.
Please visit our Jobs & Internships page for local opportunities in the arts.