Job Title: Graphic Design Intern
Hours: 10 hours/week for 17 weeks
Compensation: 11.00/per hour
Application Deadline: December 16, 2018
Internship Dates: Spring 2019 (17 consecutive weeks starting January 21, 2019)
View job listing PDF | Granted by Arts Council for Long Beach
The Graphic Design Intern will assist in day-to-day tasks of UAM in-house design work, for both digital and printed promotional material, under the supervision of the Public Affairs and Communications Specialist, Amanda Fruta. Primary projects will focus on the promoting programs related to the exhibition Call and Response and other events. This position will offer the opportunity to interact with all areas of the museum and provide the intern with an understanding of how design is intrinsic to exhibition and programming promotion and museum branding. While there will be a variety of tasks, this internship will mainly focus on developing graphic design products to support specific exhibitions at the UAM, including exhibition invitations, posters, event flyers, advertisements, wall text vinyl, email marketing campaigns, etc. This is a great opportunity to develop a portfolio of materials related to a specific project.
- Applicants must be enrolled students during Spring 2019 at either:
- California State University, Long Beach (CSULB) either as a College of the Arts upper division undergraduate student or graduate level student
- Long Beach City College student who demonstrates significant success in arts coursework and has completed at least 20 units in an arts related field.
- Applicants may NOT participate in Creative Long Beach for more than two semesters total.
- Selected interns must attend 3 mandatory professional events hosted by the Arts Council for Long Beach (dates and times TBD).
- All college students regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation or disability who meet the above criteria are eligible to apply.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and willingness to work with a team and take constructive criticism to move projects forward
- Graphic Design major or strong experience in the field and technical proficiency
- Proficiency of Adobe CS6 or higher (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) required.
- Excellent knowledge of digital photography and intermediate photo/video editing skills is a plus
- A general interest in the arts is preferred
Please send resume and cover letter to Amanda Fruta, Public Affairs and Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 16, 2018.