Classroom Connections is a three-part program partnering the Carpenter Center’s touring artists with local elementary students, primarily from the Long Beach Unified School District.
What the job entails:
· Help to create lesson plans and study guides for each program
· Conduct 45-minute Introductory Workshops, introducing the artistic genre to students grades 1-5
· Accompany artists to each school to help facilitate Artist Workshops
· Attend and help facilitate the daytime Performance at the Carpenter Center
What we’re looking for:
· Background check required
· Must have own, reliable transportation
· Ability to speak knowledgeably about the performing arts and be engaging to children ages 6-11
· Previous teaching experience OR previous experience in the performing arts preferred
$16/hour, non-exempt, approximately 25 hours per program. Two programs in the Fall 2018 semester, one program in the Spring 2019 semester.
Visit http://www.carpenterarts.org/employment.html for more info.
Send resume and cover letter to Christina Ramos, Education and Outreach Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.