Community Project Grant Application
About the Community Project Grant
The Community Project Grant program supports the exemplary artistic, cultural and arts educational projects of arts and cultural organizations in Long Beach.
Through Community Project Grant programs, the Arts Council for Long Beach partners with arts and cultural organizations in order to:
- Encourage innovative, creative, diverse and unique programming
- Support arts and cultural projects that meet community needs and identify target audiences Support local organizations that have a successful track record of delivering programs that are well planned and managed effectively
- Encourage programs that reflect the rich cultural diversity of the community
Applicants must be a nonprofit organization or non-incorporated organization working in partnership with a fiscal receiver/fiscal sponsor and meet the goals of this grant category. For more details, view the detailed eligibility guidelines and instructions.
Saving Your Entry Before Submission
- Save your unsubmitted form by clicking the Save and Continue button at the bottom of the form.
- Only text and form selections will be saved. Images and other uploaded files will not be saved.
- In order to save your entry, you must save the link that is displayed below these instructions.
- In addition to saving the link, we recommend entering your email address so the link is sent directly to you.
- Tip: Use the Save and Continue button (and save the link) while you work to avoid accidentally losing your entry.
Submitting Your Application
- Upon a successful application submission, you will be taken to a confirmation page. You will also receive a confirmation email containing the contents of your application.
- If you are taken to the confirmation page and you receive the confirmation email, we have received your application and will be in touch with more information.
- If you are not taken to a confirmation page, your application has not been submitted. You may have not filled out a required field. Any errors or missed fields will be highlighted in red. Please review the application form to resolve the issue, and then resubmit your application.
- After submitting your application, please check your inbox (and your spam folder) for your confirmation email. If you do not receive the confirmation email, you application may have not been submitted. Please contact us to confirm your application was received.
- Tip: We recommend that you save your application before you submit it to avoid any technical errors. See above for instructions on how to save your application.