Job Title: Graphic Design Intern
Hours: 10 hours / week
Dates of Internship: Two 17 weeks rounds in the Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 Semesters
Application Deadline: Sunday, July 14, 2019, 11:59 p.m.
Eligibility: Applicants must be enrolled students during the 2019-2020 academic year at either:
Applicants must be enrolled students during the 2019-2020 academic year at either:
- California State University, Long Beach (CSULB) either as a College of the Arts upper division undergraduate student or graduate level student
- Or Long Beach City College student who demonstrates significant success in arts coursework and has completed at least 20 units in an arts related field.
The intern will assist in day-to-day tasks of UAM in-house design work, both digital/web and physical promotional material, under the supervision of museum staff. Working directly with the Public Affairs and Communications Specialist, this position will offer the opportunity to interact with all areas of the museum and provide the intern with an understanding of how design is intrinsic to exhibition and programming promotion and museum branding. The major focus of the internship will be to develop materials specifically to be used for the fall 2019 and upcoming Spring 2020 exhibitions and programs, including invitations, posters, advertising, and a programming calendar/mailers, as well as online and e-content.
- Demonstration of relevant course work is required; 2 years of graphic design coursework strongly preferred; graphic design majors are preferred.
- Should demonstrate enthusiasm and dedication for design.
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe CS4 or higher (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
- Excellent knowledge of digital photography hardware, intermediate photo editing, video editing, and animation skills are desirable.
- A general interest in the arts is preferred.
- Excellent organization skills are desired.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and have the ability to work independently and collaboratively.
Submit a resume, cover letter outlining qualifications, unofficial transcripts, and portfolio examples. Please email all application materials to Amanda Fruta, Public Affairs and Communications Specialist, at Amanda.firstname.lastname@example.org by July 14, 2019, 11:59 p.m. Incomplete applications may not be considered.
California State University, Long Beach recruits, hires, trains, and promotes without regard to race, religion, color, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, or covered veteran’s status.
Supported by a Creative Long Beach grant from the Arts Council for Long Beach.