INTRODUCING: Lucky Seven Performance Roulette!
Nancy Lynée Woo and Elmast Kozloyan bring you a fun, surprising open mic style stage show with a cash prize. Open to anyone with a one-mic performance in 10 minutes or less. Audience casts their bets for their favorite. Lots of cheering. Lots of games. No guarantees. Luck of the draw.
HOW IT WORKS:
1. The stage is open to anyone with a one-mic act in 10 minutes or less. If you wish to perform, sign up upon entrance and pull a card. If we draw your card during the evening, you will have a chance to go up and share your talents! Bring your best act, or your work in progress, or just wing it – up to you! Anything (within reason) goes: poetry, comedy, music, monologue, juggling, chanting, xylophone, fiction, etc. If you can do it onstage and it doesn’t use fire, harm animals, or use hate speech, green light go! Surprise us.
2. If we don’t draw your card, sorry, better luck next time. We hope being in the spotlight isn’t the only reason you ever attend an open mic type event. During the evening, you will have the chance to listen to other people’s expressions, walk away full of inspiration, and meet new friends!
3. If you don’t wish to perform, that’s fine! Have a seat, enjoy the show.
4. We will draw SEVEN cards from the deck of interested performers, and each lucky person will have 10 minutes onstage. At the end of the evening, everyone will vote for their favorite act (secretly). We will hand out a cash prize to the 1st place winner (variable, taken from a percentage of the door fees), a gift card to the 2nd place winner, and a drink ticket to the 3rd place winner!
5. In between performances, we will play audience games for more chances to win prizes and get silly.
6. Hosted by Lady Luck and Miss Fortune.
7. In order to pay for our cash prize, entry fee is $7 cash per person at the door (or $10 if you’re under 21). The more the merrier! Bring your friends for a bigger potential prize.
If you’ve ever been to one of Nancy’s salons, this event operates on similar principles:
*We believe creativity is good for the soul.
*We love creating inspiring spaces to unleash your true expressions.
*We don’t take ourselves too seriously; we have fun.
*We honor the courage it takes to get onstage! This is for seasoned performers and newbies alike. All are welcome. Clap a lot.
*We respect your weird.
*As long as your weird doesn’t disparage anyone else (BE KIND and not a jerk!).
Please join us for our first Lucky 7 Performance Roulette! DiPiazza’s has amazing food, super awesome bartenders, and beer aplenty, so come for dinner and drinks and stay for entertainment (or vice versa).
Lucky 7 is one part Moth Storytelling (performers drawn at random), one part open mic (anyone can sign up), one part Buskerfest/slam competition (audience votes, winners get a prize), one part creative salon (all creative talents are welcome) and one part luck of the draw (no guarantees!).
And for more up to the date info, follow us on Instagram: @lucky7roulette
***Nancy is a recipient of the Professional Artist Fellowship from the Arts Council for Long Beach. This event is supported in part by the Arts Council for Long Beach and City of Long Beach.***